This course is designed to raise fire awareness concerning the behaviour of people in a fire and the threat that fire poses to people and the continuity of your business.
The course will help support an essential part of your legal responsibilities and provide specific members of your staff with the practical skills concerning the selection and correct use of fire extinguishers appropriate to your workplace risks.
The course will be designed to meet your specific circumstances and requirements. The objectives of the course are to ensure that your staff will:
- Have an understanding of the nature and behaviour of fire
- Understand and be able to carry out their duties in the event of a fire
- Distinguish between the different types of extinguishers and the types of fire that they can be used on.
The course content will include:
- The nature and behaviour of fire
- Human behaviour in a fire situation
- How fire spreads
- Actions in the event of a fire
- Fire triangle and classification of fires
- Types and uses of fire extinguishers
- Preventing fires (housekeeping)
- Company fire procedures
The course duration is three hours. In addition to the above, practical fire training can be carried out using a fire training simulator. This enables the delegates to actually use fire extinguishers on a real fire.