Fire Extinguisher Training
This course is designed to give delegates the skills and knowledge to operate and understand the different types of fire extinguishers in the workplace.
The course will help support an essential part of your legal responsibilities and provide specific members of your staff with the practical skills concerning the selection and correct use of fire extinguishers appropriate to your workplace risks. The course will be designed to meet your specific circumstances and requirements.
The objectives of the course are to ensure that your staff will:
- Have an understanding of the nature and behaviour of fire.
- Distinguish between the different types of extinguishers and the types of fire that they can be used on.
- Be able to identify when fires are beyond the safe use of workplace fire fighting equipment.
The course content will include:
- The nature and behaviour of fire
- Human behaviour in a fire situation
- How fire spreads
- Fire triangle and classification of fires
- Types and uses of fire extinguishers
The course duration is approximately two hours. In addition to the above, practical fire training can be carried out using a fire training simulator. This enables the delegates to actually use fire extinguishers on a real fire.