Fire Marshal and Fire Warden
This course is designed to provide the specialised knowledge and training required for a person to be able to carry out the duties of a Fire Marshal/Warden in the workplace.
This course will enable delegates to carry out the duties of a Fire Marshal/Warden as laid down in your company fire plan and to play an effective role in managing the day to day fire safety requirements of your company. The course will always be tailored to suit your specific requirements and circumstances.
The objectives of the course are to ensure that your Fire Marshals/Wardens will:
- Be equipped to carry out their fire safety management duties effectively
- Have an understanding of the nature and behaviour of fire
- Understand and be able to carry out their duties in the event of a fire
- Distinguish between the different types of extinguishers and the types of fire that they can be used on.
The course content will include:
- The nature and behaviour of fire
- Human behaviour in a fire situation
- How fire spreads
- Fire triangle and classification of fires
- Types and uses of fire extinguishers
- Duties of a Fire Marshal/Warden
- Building construction and fire protection
- Preventing fires (housekeeping)
The course duration is three hours. In addition to the above, practical fire training can be carried out using a fire training simulator. This enables the delegates to actually use fire extinguishers on a real fire.