Fire Safety for the Care Industry
This course is designed to raise fire awareness concerning the behaviour of people in a fire and the threat that fire poses to people and the continuity of your business.
The course will help support an essential part of your legal responsibilities and provide specific training for management and staff of nursing and residential care homes. It will equip staff with the necessary practical skills to take the correct actions in the event of a fire with regard to evacuation procedures and the selection and correct use of fire extinguishers appropriate to your workplace risks.
The course will be designed to meet your specific circumstances and requirements. The objectives of the course are to ensure that your staff will:
- Have an understanding of the nature and behaviour of fire.
- Common causes of fire and how fire spreads.
- Understand and be able to carry out their duties in the event of a fire including your company evacuation procedures.
- Assisting residents in an emergency.
- Distinguish between the different types of extinguishers and the types of fire that they can be used on.
- Fire prevention.
- Company fire action plans.
The course duration is three hours. In addition to the above, practical fire training can be carried out using a fire training simulator which enables the delegates to actually use fire extinguishers on a real fire.