First Aid Instructors Course
The course is designed to enable suitably qualified first aiders the necessary skills and knowledge to train and assess the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) approved First Aid courses.
The course is run over four days and delegates are required to reach the required standards which are independently assessed on the last day of the course. Delegates must hold a current First Aid at Work qualification to attend this course.
The course covers the following areas:
- HSE requirements and standards for running courses
- Training objectives and identifying students needs
- Course preparation and planning
- Presentation skills
- Subject knowledge
- Training and assessment skills
- Equipment, including servicing and hygiene
- Record keeping
During the course delegates will be required to prepare and present a number of presentations on First Aid subjects which will give them grounding for presenting courses. Their subject knowledge at the end of the course will be over and above that taught on First Aid Courses.