First Aid Update Course
The HSE strongly recommend that all holders of the First Aid at Work and Emergency First Aid at Work certificates attend this course on an annual basis. This course provides the opportunity for First Aiders to update their skills and to practice life saving techniques. The course contains both theory and practical elements and is run over three hours.
Who should attend?
People who have First Aid responsibilities within the workplace, and who have a valid First Aid certificate and wish to keep their skills and knowledge updated.
- Updating on any new First Aid protocols that have been introduced.
- Refresher sessions on managing an unconscious casualty
- Refresher sessions on CPR and choking protocols
- Refresher sessions on control of bleeding and burns
- Practical scenarios
- Time for the delegates to discuss problems or areas of uncertainty with regard to First Aid protocols
The course can be tailored to meet the needs of the client and subjects that may be relevant to their particular place of work can be included in the course.