IOSH Managing Safely Course
This course is accredited by the leading professional body in its field, The Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), and will provide delegates with a nationally recognised certificate. By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Apply basic management principles and practises to health and safety issues as part of a total business strategy.
- Set practical health and safety objectives,plan and implement courses of action to achieve those objectives.
- Recognise health and safety hazards in the workplace.
- Ensure that adequate information, training and supervision are provided for the workforce.
- Investigate Incidents and take remedialn action.
- Understand and implement their legal responsibilities.
The course is run over four days with one additional day required for delegates to return to their workplace and complete a project looking at specific hazards. This project will then be assessed.
- An overview of managing safely
- Accident investigation and monitoring performance trends
- Risk assessment and control measures
- The legal framework for health and safety at work
- Managing commonly met hazards
- Proactive monitoring for a safer workplace
- Safety management systems and the audit process
The course is run over four days during which a series of mini assessments will be carried out along with a final assessment on the last day. If these are completed successfully along with the written project, a certificate will be awarded to the delegates.